My photo
Trinidad & Tobago
I'm a young Muslim woman living in the Caribbean, trying to figure out myself and my place here in the 21st Century.Join me as I break down my take on various things in life!

Monday, September 20, 2010

It's been a while...

Hello all,


Apparently I have some stuff that I saved, written on June 06th, 2010. That was almost four months ago, but the content is still very applicable to this very moment, so here it is:


"So. It has really been quite a while since I've last posted anything on
this blog. I just realised it's been almost ten months!! Whoa. My apologies.

A lot has been happening in the past several months. I now have a job
[yay!]...since November actually! I think the main thing that has happened is
that I have [somewhat] a new outlook on life. For someone who lives caught up in
the web of imagination most of the time, it's hard to come to terms with
reality. Now, this may make me sound a little unstable, but it's a daily
struggle I lead - facing reality. Hmm. Perhaps I shouldn't use the word 'reality' but rather 'purpose of life'.

It is important for us to remember, each and every day that we are blessed
with life, why we are on Planet Earth, and our purpose here. It's important to
remember that we do make a difference, no matter how small we may think
it. Not everyone can be famous, not everyone can be rich, not everyone can be
drop dead gorgeous, but we all have our place and our part on Earth. Like I saw
on a mural on a wall outside a high-school today: "Realise your self-worth."

I think that is what I have been trying to understand. I think that is what
most of us spend our lives trying to understand: our self-worth. Who we are. Our
reason for being. How much what we do and who we are matters to everyone else on
Earth."


I wish I could add more to this, but no matter how much I try this is as good as it gets for now. Just remember to smile everyday :)


Skully.



The above picture was taken last weekend, in Tobago. At first I didn't like it because the clouds blocked the actual sun, but then I realised that they actually make the sunrise more beautiful. Of course the little bird by the pool helps too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment